As a member of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS), Zion Lutheran Church holds to the teachings of the Holy Scriptures (the Bible) and confesses the faith revealed in it. The Book of Concord, and the Small Catechism contained in it, offers an excellent summary of the Bible's teaching, but the following is a brief description of the Good News presented in the Scriptures
There is only one true God. In the Scriptures, this one true God has revealed Himself to be one God in three persons–the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Worship With Us
Traditional Worship Services
Saturday 6:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM
Sunday School 9:15 AM and Bible Study 9:30 AM
14205 Ida Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68142
Rev. Lance D. Berndt and Rev. Philip Hale
Kantor Zachary Zieschang
Church Office (402) 493-1744
Our Communion Practice: What to ExpectBecause communing together in the Holy Supper of Christ's body and blood presupposes unity in Christ's doctrine, we cannot invite all guests to the Lord's Table. Zion practices closed Communion to preserve our doctrinal unity in this Holy Meal in which Christ gives His body and blood for the forgiveness of sins.
Zion is …
- A Confessional Church: Our teaching, recorded in the 1580 Book of Concord, does not change with the times or audience, but remains faithful to Scripture alone, which is God’s own Word. Martin Luther’s Small Catechism …
- A Scriptural Church: The sole fountain and source of our teaching is God’s written, inspired, and inerrant Word, the Bible.
- A Doctrinal Church: God’s Word, the condemning Law and the forgiving Gospel, are our main power and focus, not human emotion, excitement, or activity.
- A Liturgical Church: We use traditional liturgical services and hymns, old and new, from a hymnal, providing an orderly, structured worship service that connects us with past and future generations of Christians.
- An Educating, Instructing Church: The preaching and teaching of Christ’s forgiving, renewing Word is paramount. We have weekly adult Bible study …
- A Musical Church: Besides striving to have excellence in congregational singing and services, other musical avenues include: instrumentalists to adorn the public services; adult choir …
- A Family Church: The God-given vocations of husband, wife, father, mother, son and daughter are brought to the forefront as God’s will and the place to exercise Christian love first and foremost. Children are treasured as God’s gift of new life, along with gift of marriage, God’s one flesh union between husband and wife.
- A Forgiving Church: Every sinner who repents of sin is forgiven in the name of Christ. We do preach the Law, which is God’s Word against sin and disobedience, and also apply church discipline to unrepentant sinners, but only in order to lead to repentance, and ultimately the forgiveness which Christ won on the cross for the world. The Gospel of Christ, which opens up heaven to sinners, is the paramount Word of our Lord and the only message which gives eternal life in this world.